Quilling Butterfly Tutorial
An easy quilling butterfly tutorial!
In this quilling butterfly tutorial you will learn how to create a beautiful design that can be used in decorating greeting cards or for quilling earrings.
To create a quilled butterfly you will need the following:
– slotted quilling tool, glue, circle sizer ruler
– For the body of the butterfly: 1 brown/black strip of paper 3″ or 7.5 cm length
– For the upper wings: 2 strips of turquoise paper (6″ or 15 cm length) and 2 strips of light blue paper (4″ or 10 cm length)
– For the lower wings: 2 strips of turquoise paper (8″ or 20 cm length)
Follow to next steps to create this beautiful quilling butterfly:
1. Create the body of the butterfly: Take the strip of paper and fold it in half. Roll the ends outward and glue the inside of the body.
2. Create the upper wings:
– take a strip of turquoise paper and a strip of light blue paper and overlap their ends placing glue between them (see the picture below)
– start rolling the strip of paper from the light blue end (using the slotted quilling tool)
– repeat the process for the other set of wings
3. Create the lower wings: Make two teardrops (Size 4) using the strips of turquoise paper.
4. Assemble the quilled butterfly as seen in the pictures below.