Christmas Candle Card Pattern
The Christmas quilled card pattern is here. You will learn how to create a card like the one below and I hope you will make one for someone this beautiful season that’s right before us.
Christmas is such a special time of the year, a time for joy and happiness when families come together and celebrate the birth of Jesus, the Saviour of the people.
This season don’t be afraid to try something new as quilling, the art of curling paper through which you can offer to others gifts handmade by yourself.
There are many ideas and designs you can use in quilling so be free and creative and I hope this website will be a place where you can discover quilling because there are new things to discover about it everyday.
If you want to create a card like this, you have to know that it is not difficult at all. You just have to know how to make simple and basic quilling shapes.
Here is a short video that will help you learn the basic shapes in quilling.
Don’t have time to watch the video? There’s another option I have for you. Here is the text version of the video: step-by-step indication, easy to follow and easy to do.
To create the card please follow these steps:
1. Prepare the needed strips of paper:
- 1 yellow strip of paper (30 cm long)
- 5 red strips of paper (15 cm long)
- 5 green strips of paper (30 cm long)
- 2 green strips of paper (15 cm long)
- yellow glitter (optional)
*** All strips of paper are 3 mm wide.
2. Create the quilled shapes:
- yellow strip of paper = teardrop shape
- 5 red strips of paper = square shape
- 2 green strips of paper (30 cm) = curved marquise shape
- 2 green strips of paper (30 cm) = teardrop shape
- 1 green strip of paper (30 cm) = tight circle
- 2 green strips of paper (15 cm) = curved marquise shape
Need help with this? Visit this page to learn how to create more quilling shapes.
3. Prepare the quilled shapes for gluing on a card. Arrange them as seen in the example (But you are free to create your own design and add other quilled shapes or arrange them differently. Be creative.).
Glue the quilled pieces and let them dry well. Add yellow glitter on the candle’s flame to give it a brighter look. You can also add glitter on the whole design and it will look nice.
You will have a nice quilled Christmas card ready to be written, offered and enjoyed! Good job!
What other Christmas designs you would like to be found here on this website? What’s your favorite one?
Leave a comment below and let me know what’s your opinion!
By the way, you are free to share this post/website with others. Sharing is caring! Enjoy quilling and be inspired!